Zachęta – National Gallery of Art and Zachęta Project Room on Gałczyńskiego 3 are now open. You can visit the exhibitions between noon and 8 p.m. (Tuesday–Sunday).
We will continue to carry out public and educational programme online. Detailed information on events, family workshops, workshops for teachers, guided tours, 3D exhibition broadcasts and initiatives in Polish Sign Language can be found in CALENDAR and EDUCATION tabs.
- Videotapes. Early video art (1965-1976) | until 14.06
- Ahmed Cherkaoui in Warsaw. Polish-Moroccan artistic relations (1955-1980) | until 2.08
- Paulina Pankiewicz. Being Paul Cézanne | ZPR | until 30.08
Zachęta Art Bookshop is open as well.
The library, cloakroom and restaurant will remain closed until further notice. For our visitors, we prepared lockers available for free.
Before your visit Zachęta and Zachęta Project Room, we encourage you to read a few new rules concerning the safety of your visit:
- Cover your mouth and nose. Use personal protective equipment (a mask, a scarf, or a visor).
- When you enter the gallery, use the provided disinfectant on your hands.
- Check your body temperature with an electronic thermometer. If it is elevated, come back to visit when you feel better.
- Keep the safe 1.5 m distance.
- Use the provided free lockers. Our cloakroom is currently closed.
- In the ticket office and the bookshop make contactless payments.
- Please adhere to the limit of people allowed in the exhibition room at the same time.
- Use contactless online tickets available on the Zachęta website.
Stay safe. The Zachęta Team
Zachęta has never been more accessible! Without leaving your home, you can now visit exhibitions, download and view publications, see our collection, share photos and buy books with a special discount. You can also explore the gallery through our YouTube channel.
We invite you to join #ZachętyOnline.
All our current expositions are available online, as 3D Virtual Exhibitions:
Information about re-opening in Polish Sign Language
Below you will find information to help you plan your individual or group visit. Check opening hours, ticket prices and available concessions. If you visit Zachęta several times a year, check our offer of annual entry tickets.
Zachęta – National Gallery of Art
Tuesday – Sunday 12–8 p.m.
Thursday – free entry
ticket office is open until 7.30 p.m.pl. Małachowskiego 3, 00-916 Warsaw
Zachęta Project Room
Tuesday–Sunday 12–8 p.m.
free entryul. Gałczyńskiego 3, 00-362 Warsaw
DOCUMENTATION AND LIBRARY
Tuesday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Library is located on the 1st floor (enter through the exhibition halls)pl. Małachowskiego 3, 00-916 Warsaw
Zachęta's Art Bookshop
Tuesday to Sunday, 12 a.m. – 8 p.m.
It is also open during exhibition openings and other exhibition-accompanying events.pl. Małachowskiego 3, 00-916 Warsaw
adult – 20 zł
concession – 10 zł
students – 2 zł
family – 25 zł
group – 10 zł (per person / minimum 10 people in a group)
Thursday – free admission
ZACHĘTA PROJECT ROOM (Gałczyńskeigo 3) – free admission at all times
See if you are eligible for:
- Students, including postgraduate (over 26 years old)
- Members of art unions and associations
- Pensioners, the disabled and persons in receipt of incapacity or disablement benefit
- Persons accompanying the disabled
- ISIC, EURO26, Karta na Plus
- Parents and carers with the Krakow Family Card or Big Family Card
- Regular blood donors (based on a Regular Blood Donor Card issued by the Regional Blood Donor Centre)
- Organ and tissue donors (based on an Organ and Tissue Donor Card or Honored Organ and Tissue Donor Card issued by the Ministry of Health)
For groups of up to 4 people (ncluding max. 2 adults and children/teenagers up to 18 years old
Ticket for 2 zł (students)
children, youth, students and postgraduates (no older than 26 years old; tickets are subject to producing a relevant documentation / student id / EURO<26 card)
- Children under 7
- Holders of the Distinguished Cultural Service Award
- or the Distinguished Cultural Gloria Artis medal or similar awards
- Members of AICA, ICOM, ICOMOS, CIMAM and IKT
- Deutsche Bank Art Card holders
- Warsaw Pass holders
- Pupils of art secondary schools, and students and post-graduate students, art and art history lecturers
- Employees of galleries and museums, with an employee’s card
- Municipal tourist guides
- Leaders of organised school parties
- Holders of the Pole's Card
- Holders of the Warsaw Family Card: children and young people up to the age of 18, pupils and students up to the age of 24, the disabled of all ages
- Children and young people with the Big Family Card
- Pensioners of Zachęta – National Gallery of Art
To ensure security to artworks at exhibitions, we kindly ask you to leave rucksacks and large bags in the cloakroom or in the lockers.