Closing weekend of the exhibition "Social calligraphies"
Zachęta – National Gallery of Art
- 5 p.m.: Middle East and North Africa today – lecture by professor Katarzyna Górska-Sosnowska (in Polish)
(Mały Salon, entrance through the main hall)
- 6p.m.: performance by Lydia Ourahmane (in English)
The Third Choir Archives Performance
21 min, 2015
- 7 p.m.: lectures by Magdalena Pinker, PhD: Women in Islamic states (exhibition halls); Art of calligraphy (Mały Salon exhibition hall) - lectures conducted ini Polish
- 8 p.m.: meeting with artist Anahita Razmi (in English)
(Mały Salon exhibition hall, entrance through the mail hall)
- 9 p.m.: concert by Improvised Duo: Nasri + La Mirza
- 15.01.2017 (Dunday) 6 p.m.
(multimediaroom, entrance from ul. Burschego)
Dubai. a city of dreams:film screening and a Q&A with the film's director - Robert Tutak.
08.11.2016 – 15.01.2017Social Calligraphies
This exhibition presents artists of the middle and younger generation from the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia. The invited artists live and work in their countries of origin, as well as in Europe or North America, but most often they permanently move between these two worlds (sometimes they are called modern urban nomads). Often educated overseas, they receive scholarships or are in touch with the world through global media.Zachęta – National Gallery of ArtZachęta