Publication date: 24.11.2016
15.10.2016 – 15.01.2017Poland — a Country of Folklore?
How was folklore and folk art perceived directly after the war and in the first decades of the Peoples Republic of Poland? How did the ‘people’s’ government make use of it? How did its status change, the moment it was introduced into museums and galleries? What was the status of the folk artist — perceived as ‘the other’?Zachęta – National Gallery of ArtZachęta
- filmsWarpechowski. The Way of the Performer
- filmsTo Pee in a Bun – what happens to the collection, when no one is lookingZachęta TV
- filmsAll Creatures Great and SmallZachęta TV (in Polish)
- filmsZbigniew Liberahow not to get lost at the exhibition? (in Polish)
- filmsHow to understand Annette Messager?Zachęta TV (in Polish)