Publication date: 06.09.2018
The title of the work refers to ancient enclosures where events would take place – the amphitheater, the stadium, and the marketplace – the first stages of politics, performance, debate, and public communication. The line marks a perimeter, a boundary line, but also demarcates a site for presentation, a closed circuit for activity, in which actions are taken. It operates as a variable frame, a temporary tool that inaugurates a system, a relation. The primary act of drawing, makes the line an instrument for mark-making, for both bringing entities together and dividing.
The installation was created as part of the Plac Małachowskiego 3 exhibition, as yet another interpretation of this topic. A thickly looped rope made of hemp fibres and caoutchouc previously presented in various gallery spaces, will now be replaced with a 800-meters-long silicone rope that will wrap around the Zachęta building. With this act, the artist will pose a question about the role of cultural institutions in today's world, as well as create a platform to says: let’s talk!
18.06 – 30.09.2018Plac Małachowskiego 3
How does a building work? What are the first impressions it makes? What do we see in subsequent visits? What is the impact of the building on the employees? And finally, what is it as a declaration of a company? Going beyond the questions asked in the abovementioned study, one may ask about the meaning of the senses, in experiencing, in feeling architecture, and analyse buildings from the perspective of the body.Zachęta – National Gallery of ArtZachęta
- photo galleryPerformance on the anniversary of the death of Gabriel Narutowicz
- photo galleryPerformance Amuseum Artyrologii: nie:wiadomość 013113 (nie)powtórzę(nie)
- photo galleryMalewicz's Warsaw GreenSqua(Re)Tour 013
- photo gallery
- photo gallery
- photo galleryCulture and NeuroscienceConference and workshops
- photo galleryWorkshop accompanying the exhibition "Adoration of Sweetness"
- photo galleryWorkshops with artists Przemysłam Matecki
- photo galleryAnette MessagerOn Show (Faire parade)
- photo galleryThe Field of Play / Le terrain de jeu